Born in: 1975
Corporate Secretary since 2011
Share in the Company’s authorised capital: 0%
Share in the common stock: 0%
Dobrolyubov Linguistics University of Nizhny Novgorod, Russian Presidential Academy of National Economy and Public Administration
2011–present: Corporate Secretary at MMC Norilsk Nickel (formerly, until 2015, JSC Norilsk Nickel)
In the reporting year, the Company Secretary was renamed Corporate Secretary as per the new version of the Charter approved by the Annual General Meeting of Shareholders (Minutes No. 1 of 9 June 2017) and the resolution of the Board of Directors (Minutes No. GMK/24-pr-sd of 14 July 2017).
The mission of the Corporate Secretary is to ensure compliance with the procedures for the protection of shareholders’ rights and legitimate interests, as prescribed by the applicable laws and the Company’s by-laws, and to monitor such compliance.
Pursuant to the Charter, the Corporate Secretary is appointed by the Board of Directors for a three-year term. The Board of Directors may terminate the powers of the Corporate Secretary prior to their expiration.
The Corporate Secretary is responsible for:
- preparation and running of the General Meeting of Shareholders as provided for by the applicable Russian laws, the Company's Charter and by-laws,
- making arrangements for and running meetings of the Board of Directors and its committees as provided for by the applicable Russian laws, Company’s Charter and by-laws;
- providing ongoing support and assistance to the Board of Directors, its committees and members;
- contributing to the improvement of the Company's corporate governance framework and practices;
- managing the operations of the Secretariat;
- other functions as per the Company's by-laws.
In accordance with the Regulation on the Corporate Secretary of MMC Norilsk Nickel approved by the Board of Directors on 20 April 2015 (Minutes No. GMK/14-pr-sd), the Company’s Corporate Secretary has an administrative reporting line to the President and is accountable to the Board of Directors.
At this time, the Corporate Secretary is Mr. Pavel Platov.